Active Early Learning Curriculum
On 16 March 2020 we launched the Active Early Learning Curriculum for children aged 3+ at Strathpine, South Brisbane, Milton, Montague Road, Bilinga, Pimpama and North Pimpama. The Active Early Learning Curriculum has been developed by the experts at the Australian College of Physical Literacy (ACPL). We are so pleased to be embedding this curriculum into our education program, after taking part in the initial Physical Literacy study, where we saw significant benefits in the areas of movement, resilience, concentration and engagement.
Healthier, Fitter and Smarter Children
Our physical literacy program has been developed to inspire your child’s confidence, concentration, social skills and learning ability.
What the research is telling us
The research that has been running for over 12 years shows that the children who start to develop physical literacy skills early in life are:
Low risk of heart disease, type II diabetes and some cancers
More energy and physically competent
Better results in reading, writing and maths NAPLAN scores
You can read more about ongoing research in this area by visiting our website or at:
How will it benefit my child?
- Develops communication skills essential for social and emotional development
- Improves their problem solving and resilience to meet everyday challenges
- Improves memory and recall
- Builds confidence and competence in their own abilities to learn and be challenged
- Motivates children to explore movement, building physical competence and confidence
- Improves concentration which supports learning and success
- Develops your child’s mind and body together to be a happy and healthy person
What does physical literacy mean?
Building physical competence and confidence through activities designed to encourage the enjoyment of being physically active, to be motivated to learn and to understand the importance of being active for life.
How does it work?
We have invested with 2 major universities (University of Canberra and Deakin University) to develop the best curriculum to support your child.
Is there any additional cost?
No, the curriculum and activities are all included in every child’s standard daily fees.